Please spread Nancy's message to all of your families, friends, groups and acquaintances in honor of this wonderful, Pro-Child, Pro-Family and anti-CPS corruption lady! Let's make sure that nobody can forget her or her message! Thank you.----HopeY
Yes, and unfortunately, Nancy died from an unfortunate death. However, we, as Family, need to focus on the Reform she was seeking as Senator.
(Download the Senator's Letter, Titled "THE CORRUPT BUSINESS OF CHILD PROTECTIVE
SERVICES", Rev: 09.25.08. "Also, a Discussion Point brought up in this post on FB, Juvenile Dependency: Breaking The Cycle )
Here is a list of Senator Nancy Schaefer's Major Points:
- Call for an independent audit of the Department of Family and Children’s Services (DFCS) to expose corruption and fraud.
- Activate immediate change. Every day that passes means more families and children are subject to being held hostage.
- End the financial incentives that separate families.
- Grant to parents their rights in writing.
- Mandate a search for family members to be given the opportunity to adopt their own relatives.
- Mandate a jury trial where every piece of evidence is presented before removing a child from his or her parents.
- Require a warrant or a positive emergency circumstance before removing children from their parents. (Judge Arthur G. Christean, Utah Bar Journal, January, 1997 reported that “except in emergency circumstances, including the need for immediate medical care, require warrants upon affidavits of probablecause before entry upon private property is permitted for the forcible removal of children from their parents.”)
- Uphold the laws when someone fabricates or presents false evidence. If a parent alleges fraud, hold a hearing with the right to discovery of all evidence.
50th District of Georgia